péntek, június 23, 2006

Wow

As I was heading home from the center of the town, I went to the bus station, to take the 16. As I was just between stations, I saw that the bus already parted, so I should've been waiting for the next one (about 10-15 minutes, darn...), when the most amazing thing happened: the bus just stopped. I was on the phone, so wasn't exactly attentive, but I began to look for the reason it stopped mid-stations. There was no car ahead it, no red light, or nothing. And as I looked towards the doors, I realized: one was open. And waiting.
It was waiting for me!
I couldn't believe it. This has never happened. I got in, and looked for the driver, but no, I didn't know him. It was awkward. I nodded with my head, as in "thank you", and sat down. At the last station I got off, and as he mad a fast return, he yelled out: "you're welcome".
I guess after taking the same buses for 4 years every day, the drivers get to remember you. And stop for you in mid-stations, if you miss them.
Great perk.
I'm thinking of all the advantages: I'll never have to run to catch the bus anymore :D

7 Hozzászólások:

Blogger wonda ezt mondta...

Your lucky day. Try again next time! :D

4:20 du., június 23, 2006  
Blogger csabapu ezt mondta...

Yesss. You dreamed this story? In Satu Mare never will happened so...

7:22 du., június 23, 2006  
Blogger Tücike ezt mondta...

No, this actually happened. I was stunned too. The driver knew as he saw me, that I usually take his bus, and stopped, considering I was heading home. I didn't even make a face, that I'm disapointed that I missed it.

And do note: this is a pretty big town, with almoust 400.000 citizen, so it's not like everybody knows everybody

I know. It's like the Twilight Zone.
I hope this happens again :D

8:12 du., június 23, 2006  
Blogger wonda ezt mondta...

Good that he recognises you. But do you recognise him? Ah, the Twilight Zone. Next time he'll take you to the Twilight Zone instead of your destination! (I hear the background music of the Twilight Zone now, used to watch it in my teens.)

4:49 de., június 24, 2006  
Blogger Tücike ezt mondta...

I used to watch it too. :)

I'm afraid I won't recognise him. I have a very poor face-memory.

9:46 de., június 24, 2006  
Blogger wonda ezt mondta...

Ezt a megjegyzést eltávolította a blog adminisztrátora.

7:29 du., június 24, 2006  
Blogger wonda ezt mondta...

I think he deserves the "Employee of the Year" award for being a kind bus driver.

7:32 du., június 24, 2006  

Megjegyzés küldése

<< Home